Friday, January 4, 2013

2013!

I hope everyone had a nice holiday season! I am looking forward to some big changes happening in the first half of 2013.

My first genealogy goal of the new year is to get organized! All of my documents are in one folder on my computer and I am hoping to make a 'Table of Contents' so that when I am looking for a particular file I can find it. I try to label everything with titles, dates, and names so that I can search within Picasa, but this process isn't without flaws.

I like the idea of keeping everything electronic for a a variety of reasons - environmentally friendly, no stacks of paper, and fairly easy to search through (though as I mentioned, this could be better). That being said, I think I may start printing some things. I have trouble visualizing familial connections and areas of my tree that need more work when solely relying on the computer.

I received a tempting email from ancestry this morning about their discounted prices for the new year...so much to consider :)

No comments:

Post a Comment